Hard Drive Surgery

Well, let me tell everyone that the Quantum Daytona 514M is _not_ 17mm. I
was able to make it fit in the TP drive case by trimming holes for the
mounting posts to allow the case to close peoperly. (This drive was a
better price by almost $100 than others I found that were <17mm, so I
deemed it worth it rather than returning it), and the right keyboard
latch takes a minimally larger amount of pressure to close than before,
but other than these little foibles, everything works fine. I am now at
500M. <grin> Gotta love seeing 300M free!

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton