Warp & APM (was SVGA Win-OS/2 under Warp)

On Tuesday, May 30, 1994, Scott A. Stratmoen writes:

> I called IBM on this (mobiles group). They said that non-interlace for
> the thinkpad at 1024x768 is a known bug. While they assured me that
> a update will be released soon, I couldn't get a date out of them.

> Thus I have left WARP for windows installed.

On a different but related subject, I too was in contact with both the
mobiles group and the OS/2 group today about problems with APM functions
under Warp.  I couldn't even get anyone very interested in these problems
which were first reported in November of 1994, let alone assurance that a
fix would eventually be provided.  In fact, the only suggestion they could
offer was to upgrade to a newer machine which uses the MWave chip and
therefore also uses a newer, different BIOS than that which is used in
the TP355, 360, and 750 series machines (!).

I would expect this type of reply from one of the second-tier manufacturers,
but coming from IBM, this really surprises me.  I don't want to do as
Scott has done and dump OS/2 in favor of Windows, but these features ought
to work as advertised, dammit!  The APAR which was generated to deal with
these problems in 11/94 (#15544) has now been closed out without any type of
forthcoming fix...good work, IBM!

Anyway, I'm not done with these guys just yet...
Can anyone who is running on either a TP701 or a TP755 verify that APM
functions such as suspend/resume and hibernation work as advertised under
OS/2 Warp?  Thanks much.

--
Karl E. Yeanoplos
Denver, CO