Re: warp & the tp750?

> Yes, it's TCP/IP 2.0 base plus a few goodies.  I have it on good word that
> previous versions of DevCon included X and NFS.  I've no idea why they
> dropped it this time.  How am I supposed to develop X apps?  :-)  Perhaps
> the 5 Special Edition CD has them (I still haven't gotten mine).

I have been looking at FTP Inc's version of the software. It would
appear to be solid but not compatible with SW written for IBM's TCP/IP
(i.e. the DLL's are different). There is enough public domain SW written
for IBM's package that I am forced to use IBM. (Not that it's a bad
decision.)

> It's not clear if the LAN enabled Warp will include the telnet, ftp, and
> other servers.  Warp doesn't include them currently.  If you need them,
> you can only get them via TCP/IP.
>
> If you know someone who's already a member of DevCon, you can get an add-on
> license for $75.  That lets you legally copy off their DevCon CDs for a
> year.

I think that one could put together the kit from the CSD, Bonus CD, and
the LAN Requester, but this is not legal or supported....

I know someone who has the DevCon subscription, but we had a battle this
year and he lost. (inter-departmental politics) Thus I don't think that
an add on will work in this case. I checked on CIS and it would appear
that the full price is $199. Does your information agree on this?

An alternative is a student's subscription. I just finished grad school
and I might be able to get to the book store to do something. What was
the student price?

--
Scott A. Stratmoen | strat@ast.dsd.northrop.com