Re: ADMIN: Its time to rethink putting this list on Usenet..

> >For backup/restore I am forced to boot under dos and continue to use
> >Central Point's product. IBM's full network package at ~$500 is more
> >than I am willing to spend.  Can anyone suggest lower cost alternatives?
>
> There are several sources for backup software in os2.  Someone recommended
> that I get Backmaster for OS2 (about $45) for my iomega 250.  Is this what
> you meant?

I have a Archive 2150 SCSI drive which I would like to use to backup the
sysem. I decided to reload the os/2 and use a hpfs. This means that
cpbackup is useless....

I wonder of Backmaster supports SCSI....  I find it strange that OS/2
dosn't come with real backup software. Any real OS has something (i.e.
BSD UNIX's backup/restore). I don't care if it is hard to use but
something....

What about useing gnu tar? Well I will try to download it tonight and
try it out.
--
Scott A. Stratmoen | strat@ast.dsd.northrop.com