FW: RE: Connector

>The hard drive's D connector has 30 pins on each side for a total of 60.
>I don't recall how many pins were on the IDE connector on the physical hard
>drive.  Perhaps someone is willing to pop their drive box open again?

  No need. You can download the Seagate Desk Reference from their BBS and the
9xxx series in the AT class are 2.5 drives. They have 44 pins instead of the
40 normal on an IDE. The other 4 are just (to the best of my knowledge) the 4
pins on an power connector.
  I've noticed that on my drive, in addition to the key pin which is removed,
there are 2 or 3 (I forgot and didn't write them down) others that are cut on
the drive. Curioser and curiouser.....

Donald Alan Whiteside			School of Computer Science
Eternal Student				Florida International University
    GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
      I am NSA of Borg: your private key will be assimilated.