Re: internal sound board/modem for 360Cs - dx2/50?

Hi Kevin!

	Its a 360, but IBM has upgraded the chip to a DX2-50. VESA local bus,
1Mb VRAM. You can buy the previous SX33 360, or the new DX250 360. My
'360CSE' 340Meg,4M,DX2-50 dual scan cost $3049, and it sure is nice!

About a week before the new 360 was announced, IBM dropped the prices om the
SX33 model. I think the annoucement was the 17th, and mine came through on the
27th - not bad at all! The WWW server for IBM has more details, and around the
17th somebody (thanks!) sent a long technical document on the new models.

>>	just noticed this little bit of info. since my mailer was recently
>>upgraded/modified/lost my mail, can anyone send me details of this "new
>>machine".

> I have the new 360Cs with dx2-50 (typing on it now, verrrrry nice) and
> /// Simon Maufe                          ||| MAUFE@TWEETY.DIGSYS.COM          //

cheers,
. kevin cheong  nlp program  institute of systems science .
. kevin@iss.nus.sg       national university of singapore .