RE: Connector

In message Mon, 31 Oct 1994 08:52:36 -0600 (CST),
  strat@dsd.northrop.com (Scott Stratmoen)  writes:

>>  George, The info I have is FOXCON pn qd61 33s1 26 pin Slim D connector.
>> I don't  know anything about sourcing or pricing.  Hope this helps.
>
> I think that this is the floppy connector (option bay). The connector on
> the  disk appears to be the same style. Someone needs to count the number
> of pins (i.e. ~34).

The hard drive's D connector has 30 pins on each side for a total of 60.
I don't recall how many pins were on the IDE connector on the physical hard
drive.  Perhaps someone is willing to pop their drive box open again?

The floppy drive has more pins than the hard drive is wide.  The same
style, but definitely not the same size.  I've found a list of companies
that make this kind of stuff and I'm trying to find their individual
catalogs.
John H. Kim        | "Mike Espy simply forgot he was no longer a Congressman."
jokim@mit.edu      | -anonymous, on the Secretary of Agriculture's resignation
jokim@uni.uiuc.edu | due to conflict of interest charges for accepting gifts.