RE: Why no third party solutions?

In message Thu, 20 Oct 94 10:06:18 PDT,
  Don Whiteside <dwhite@shadow.net>  writes:

> I'm all batteried out - I've got two, which with the amazinly long life
> of my  mono 750 is all I need. I _would_ buy a 30 second battery for the
> adaptor  port so I could change batteries w/o powering down, though.

If you keep using the TP, when the battery gets too low it should
automatically go into suspend (unless you've disabled this feature), at
which point you can swap batteries - there is an internal NiCd battery
(right next to the extra memory slot) which will keep your machine alive in
suspend for a few minutes.  I've occasionally gotten this to work without
going into suspend (i.e. my TP was running without a battery in it) but I
haven't figured out how I did this.

> I will buy immidiately a mini-dock/port replicator with SCSI. The exact
> moment someone shows it to me. Really. Even if it was true blue and cost
> the usual $too-much. So someone - go make it.

I'm still don't understand WHY in this world of CD-ROM drives, extra hard
drives, tape backups, scanners, etc. PC notebook manufacturers still insist
on using IDE.  I too would almost immediately buy a port replicator with
SCSI, although I'd much rather have it built into the machine.
John H. Kim   jokim@mit.edu   jokim@uni.uiuc.edu   This message sent by NUPop
Cartoon by Mike Luckovich:
Briefer: "Intelligence reports North Korea's new leader is erratic, overweight
          and has a big hairdo.  He wasn't in the military which may lessen
          his sway with the armed forces.  He's obsessed with women ..."
Clinton: "Lemme guess.  He also plays the saxophone ..."