RE: Why no third party solutions?

On Thu, 20 Oct 1994, John H. Kim wrote:

> If you keep using the TP, when the battery gets too low it should
> automatically go into suspend (unless you've disabled this feature), at
> which point you can swap batteries - there is an internal NiCd battery
> (right next to the extra memory slot) which will keep your machine alive in
> suspend for a few minutes.  I've occasionally gotten this to work without
> going into suspend (i.e. my TP was running without a battery in it) but I
> haven't figured out how I did this.

John:

This ability to swap out the batteries on the fly is not only helpful,
but is an "as advertised" feature of the TP750 according to the Users
Manual. I've used it a few times when I just couldn't stop everything to
replace a battery pack.

Tim Kary

Tim Kary           twkary@nucleus.com    |"Imagination is more
403-262-7021                             | important than knowledge."
403-262-1392 - FAX                       | - Albert Einstein