Re: ethernet pcmcia card

> I'm looking for a 10bast-T ethernet Pcmcia card for my 755cs machine
> any suggestions?

The IBM card works fine for me.  I normally use 10base2, but I have a 10baseT
MAU that I use for when I go on the road and plug into someone's net.  For me
it's nice to have both MAUs.

One disadvantage of the IBM card is that the MAUs (especially for 10base2) are
rather large.  For portability's sake I want everything to be as small as
possible.  I understand IBM has re-designed theirs since I got my card, but I
haven't seen them.  My office mate has a different card for his compaq aero
that has a very small MAU, which he likes very much.

Performance of all of these cards is probably about the same, if for no other
reason than most of them use the same chips inside.  (However, that doesn't mean
they will all run the same software...there are tiny differences like how the
attribute registers are mapped into pcmcia attribute memory space, and where the
ethernet address rom lives.)

So besides size, another important difference between cards has to do with
the driver software that they supply and how well it works on your system.
But since I don't use DOS, Windows, or OS/2, I can't comment on the
driver software for any of the cards I've seen.

Keith