Re: Why no third party solutions?

> One warning here is if you want to use SCSI tape drives you better
> make sure the PCMCIA SCSI card you purchase comes with it's own backup
> software. Most of the SCSI backup products are coded with specific SCSI
> drivers in mind and most likely won't support your PCMCIA card. I was
> hoping to use Norton Backup with my new Adaptec SLIM-SCSI and an Exabyte
> tape drive and discovered that it only supports well-known ISA and LB SCSI
> cards. I'm stuck with the Trantor's TapeMate software supplied with
> the SlimSCSI.
>
> --Bruce

	Doesn't the Slim SCSI come with Adaptec drivers?  Presumably,
the whole industry pretty much supports those...

Randy Whittle    whittle@chaph.usc.edu         |  Some guy hit my fender the  |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)|other day, and I said unto him|
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm         |  "Be fruitful and multiply." |
    right, they should be yours too.)          |   --but not in those words.  |