Re: Why no third party solutions?

> 	Doesn't the Slim SCSI come with Adaptec drivers?  Presumably,
> the whole industry pretty much supports those...

The SlimSCSI is a Trantor device with an Adaptec name. The drivers
are derivations of the Trantor drivers, so if you're software
supports the Trantor line you're probably okay. The TapeMate
software I'm using is part of the SCSIworks package distributed
will all Trantor devices.

Now if I could just get an OS/2 driver I'd be happy. Adaptec claims
the problem is a lack of native OS/2 card and socket services. I said
"you ever heard of WARP 3?" Their reply was, "well, it hasn't shipped
yet." Surprising that the leader in PC SCSI is behind while the upstart
Qlogic has been testing beta drivers for two months now. Maybe if enough
people scream at 'em they'll get off their butts.

--Bruce