disappearing mouse cursor

> > When a Windows app is started, the I-Beam cursor appears initially
> > wherever the mouse pointer was located.  So far, so good.
> > As soon as the cursor is moved, however, it is only visible while
> > in motion.  So if I use the Trackpoint to relocate the cursor, once
> > I get it to where I need it and take my finger off the Trackpoint,
> > the cursor disappears.

> I'm pretty sure this is part of one of the more recent video features
> upgrades, but I changed bios at about the same time, so I may be wrong.  I
> consider this much more of a desirable feature than a problem.  The cursor
> is always there when you need it, but doesn't block any of the screen when
> you don't.

> I suspect that you can get rid of the "problem" by using the
> generic windows vga driver.

Well, I have to admit that I hadn't looked at it from this perspective.  I
don't disagree that it is sometimes helpful to have that cursor outta the
way, though.

Your video driver theory holds water from the standpoint that the one other
reply I've received indicated that the v1.13 BIOS is innocent.  It's a
pretty simple matter to go into Windows Setup and temporarily change the
video driver - I'll give it a shot and report back.

If you suscribe to the less-is-more theory, then this probably is a
feature.  What do ya think, folks.....feature or foul-up?

Thanks for the help, guys - I appreciate it.

   - Karl