Re: disappearing mouse cursor

At 07:51 AM 10/13/94 MDT, Karl Yeanoplos wrote:
>When a Windows app is started, the I-Beam cursor appears initially
>wherever the mouse pointer was located.  So far, so good.
>As soon as the cursor is moved, however, it is only visible while
>in motion.  So if I use the Trackpoint to relocate the cursor, once
>I get it to where I need it and take my finger off the Trackpoint,
>the cursor disappears.

>The problem is evident in any and all Windows apps, even the built-in
>applets like Notepad, Terminal, etc.

I'm pretty sure this is part of one of the more recent video features
upgrades, but I changed bios at about the same time, so I may be wrong.  I
consider this much more of a desirable feature than a problem.  The cursor
is always there when you need it, but doesn't block any of the screen when
you don't.  Furthermore, the mouse trails option (previously unavailable on
the 750 video drivers) helps alot when using the tp screen in unfavorable
lighting.  I suspect that you can get rid of the "problem" by using the
generic windows vga driver.

Victor Kress
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Geophysical Laboratory
5251 Broad Branch Road N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20015-1305
(202)686-2410 x2489