disappearing mouse cursor

> > As soon as the cursor is moved, however, it is only visible while
> > in motion.  So if I use the Trackpoint to relocate the cursor, once
> > I get it to where I need it and take my finger off the Trackpoint,
> > the cursor disappears.

> I'm pretty sure this is part of one of the more recent video features
> upgrades, but I changed bios at about the same time, so I may be wrong.

> I suspect that you can get rid of the "problem" by using the
> generic windows vga driver.

Yep....only the accelerated WD90C24 display drivers produce this effect.
(I'm using whatever drivers are supplied with v1.32 of the Video Features
Disk - don't know about earlier versions.)

I guess the jury is still out as to whether this is a feature or a bug,
but at least the cause is now understood.

Thanks to everyone who responded (Victor, Antti).

   - Karl