Re: New Thinkpad with OS/2 preloaded

> I don't think IBM is preloading OS/2 on any of the Thinkpads. Or
> at least, it wasn't an option with the 750 and earlier units. The
> press release for the 755 that I saw said DOS, Windows and a bit of
> application software (anyone remember the package?) is preloaded, but
> I saw no mention of OS/2. This irks me too because OS/2 is supposed
> to be their strategic 32 bit OS and the TP's are more than capable
> of running it, yet they refuse to supply it. I guess the issue is
> memory, with the stock 4 Mb only being half of the minimum required
> to run OS/2. I still think users should be given the option with a
> unit that's that expensive.

Bruce,
I recently read that once the Personal OS/2 (currently in Beta) is released in
September, the PSP group has agreed to start preloading OS/2 on the thinkpads.
The problems I have is that I want to buy a TP before sept. I agree that on
such an expensive machine, we should be at least given an option.

Rajan.

--
Rajan Rajgopal		rajgopal@spdc.ti.com
Texas Instruments Inc. 	Ph#214-995-9861