Re: New Thinkpad with OS/2 preloaded

I don't think IBM is preloading OS/2 on any of the Thinkpads. Or
at least, it wasn't an option with the 750 and earlier units. The
press release for the 755 that I saw said DOS, Windows and a bit of
application software (anyone remember the package?) is preloaded, but
I saw no mention of OS/2. This irks me too because OS/2 is supposed
to be their strategic 32 bit OS and the TP's are more than capable
of running it, yet they refuse to supply it. I guess the issue is
memory, with the stock 4 Mb only being half of the minimum required
to run OS/2. I still think users should be given the option with a
unit that's that expensive.

--Bruce