Re: Serial port & Modems (External)

> 	Which begs the question, oh you PCMCIA gurus:  Do you ever have
> any trouble using your 14.4K PCMCIA modems under windows?  Is the "serial"

That depends on the PCMCIA modem.  All the bigger names that are
relatively new seem to have them.  I would particularly point to
the MegaHertz XJ2114.  Many of us got the AT&T Keep-In-Touch
modem since, at the time, it was one of the few that had a 16550
UART.  I've heard from MHz XJ114 users though that performance
wasn't bad despite the lack of a 16550 UART.

> do you think PCMCIA would still work fine with a 28.8K modem?

Sure.  They better...

> 	Now maybe one can do 14.4K on an external serial under DOS, but I
> prefer Windows (or as Sean suggested--use OS/2!  Damn you Sean--you got me
> there!).

May as well try Turbocomm and that one other package (I forget the
name).  And let us know how it works!

Oh yeah, about OS/2...yup!