3COM EtherLink III 589 PCMCIA LAN anybody

Hello,
I'm thinking of getting an 3C-589 PCMCIA LAN adaptor, because this one
is supported by SCO UNIX/ODT running on my TP750C.

Is there any experience with this adaptor running DOS/Windows with
or without EZPLAY? Does it require an external power supply?

Finally the old question again: Is there an FTP site where to get
the latest versions of all the needed TP driveres etc. I'm interested
in the BIOS upgrade to use larger harddisks (like the TP755). Are there
any prices avaliable for these new drives?

Thanks for your help!
---
Klaus Eckhoff, Dr. Materna GmbH, D-44141 Dortmund, Germany, ke@Materna.DE