Re: 3COM EtherLink III 589 PCMCIA LAN anybody

On Wed, 15 Jun 1994, Klaus Eckhoff wrote:

> I'm thinking of getting an 3C-589 PCMCIA LAN adaptor, because this one
> is supported by SCO UNIX/ODT running on my TP750C.
>
> Is there any experience with this adaptor running DOS/Windows with
> or without EZPLAY? Does it require an external power supply?

I've been using the 3c589 in a COMPAQ contura for about 2 months and in
my new Thinkpad 750 for the past two weeks without a problem.  I've been
using the ODI drivers provided.  On the Concerto I was using the IPXODI
link for Windows 3.11 again with no problem.  I've even played doom
between two notebooks using 3c589 adaptors connected via a 10base-t cross
over cable.

The only problem I have with them is the lack of OS/2 drivers.  When I
load Personal OS/2 onto the thinkpad, I'd like to use the 3c589 for my
ethernet connection :|

There is no need for an external power supply.

Cheers
ant