RE: Introduction + Sound Card Emulation Question

In message Thu, 16 Jun 1994 14:27:54 +1000 (EST),
  Anthony Murdoch <ant@cc.uq.oz.au>  writes:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 1994, John Kim wrote:
>> Sean, it looks like you'd better add something to the FAQ about why the
>> disks aren't currently available via ftp, and how we're hoping they
>> soon  will be.

> Do tell ?

The IBM ftp site (software.watson.ibm.com) is an experimental site.  I've
talked (well, exchanged mail) with the operator of the site and for him to
put IBM software on it, he has to receive it from an IBMer with written
authorization for public release via snail mail.  The TP750 and its drivers
are made by IBM-Japan.  I've managed to get those people in touch with the
ftp site operator and the software is supposedly on its way.  I have no idea
when it'll show up though, or how fast updates will make it.
--
John H. Kim              | "Just try telling the IRS you don't feel like
jokim@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu | 'contributing' this year come April" - Bob Dole