Re: Docking station

> The TP docking station is $900 and their CD-ROM is $600.  This is
> outrageous.

I agree.  Did you ask about the hard drive for more outrage? :)

> For about the same price, one could get a 486 box on an ethernet running
> peer-to-peer networking with a PCMCIA ethernet card.  There would be

Very true, but I would opt for a portable CD-ROM with a Trantor
SCSI cable that I could connect onto any of my machines and a 386
box for about $600 used, and all networked together all for less.

> Another alternative is a PCMCIA SCSI interface to an external CD-ROM for
> something like a third of the price of the docking station CD-ROM combo.

One major problem with SCSI PCMCIA is the lack of drivers and general
support, especially under OS/2.  OTOH, the Trantor EPP SCSI cable will
give you full SCSI access at very fast speeds and is useable on any
system

> While on the subject of penny pinching, the FAQ I downloaded mentioned the
> possibility of putting a third-party hard disk in the TP750.  Does anybody
> have more information on this?

I haven't yet or it'd be in the FAQ.  I hope anyone that has found
anything out will come forth and let us know!

Sean (Poor SOB)