Re: CD-ROM for 701 (was: Re: Upgrading a IBM [7]01C)

> > Where is this [Sony PRD-150 for US] $150 deal?

I've seen this unit on sale in the mis.forsale newsgroups for as little
as $75.  I have one (2X, non-SCSI) which came with my TP750C, and I've
been extremely pleasd with it.  Works fine under DOS/Windows/Win95, and
I may test it under Linux soon (which does recognize the PCMCIA interface
card).  The nice thing is that it runs off of its own batteries (double AA)
and also doubles as a bare bones discman.  I recall USA flex advertising
this unit for around $150 a few months ago, but they no longer carry it.

Dave.

--
Dave Ahn,  ahn@indigo2.rad.bgsm.edu     "When you were born you cried, and the
                                         world rejoiced.  Try to live your life