Re: Windows 3.1 and RAM upgrades

> 	The discussion on NT brings to mind another subject.  I upgraded to 24MB
> on my 701 after switching to Windows 95, and while I like the OS for it's
> memory handling and pc card management, I haven't noticed a significant
> improvement in speed.  I was wondering if anyone had used both 16-bit and
> 32-bit  Windows, and was 16-bit really fast with 24MB of RAM or more?  Most
> of my software has 16-bit alternatives and I wouldn't mind switching back
> if it meant performance improvement (and more hard drive space).

Win 3.11 with win32s is reasonably fast with 24MB in my 755CE - a big
difference in performance over just the 8MB that came with it.  I don't
know if I'd call this kind of move an overall improvement though.  I just
had to reboot mine to get a particular net port recognized as properly
configured again so I could read this mail for instance...

Billy Y..