Upgrading a 701C IBM Thinkpad

I have a IBM 701C  Thinkpad.  It has an 80486 DX, 50 MHz with 4MB of RAM
on the Mother Board.  I'm sure the following questions have been asked
but here I go.

1.	I am going to order a 16MB SO DIMM (3.3v) Chip, but would a
32MB SO-DIMM chip work in this machine?

2.	I would like to upgrade the CPU to the fastest CPU that would
work in this machine.  I do not want to do anything more then plug the
new CPU in the existing socket  Any ideas or input?

3.	I have 4MB of motherboard memory, it is my understanding that
some 701Cs come with 8MB or more of motherboard ram.  Is it possible to
increase my existing 4MB of motherboard ram to 8MB or more?  Again I am
only interested in doing this if the increase can be installed by
replacing or adding the chips in existing sockets without any soldering.

I would greatly appreciate any input any one has.  Thank you.

Jim Ackermann
itsmaddog@aol.com