Re: Use of a modem on a digital (?) line...

There is another solution to this.  I had the unfortunate experience of
destroying a megahertz x-jack modem in my 750, due to using it with my
company's Toshiba phone system.  I found a product by TT Systems called
the Modem Mate model MPA-100.  This connects in the handset line, and
there, the signal is the same whether or not the phone system is analog or
"digital".  It did take a bit of fiddling to get the levels right.

best regards...