Re: Mwave on NT4.0 (again)...

The ThinkPad setup stuff is part of the ThinkPad Utilities. Look for the
latest version of the Utilities disk, which I think is 3.10 for the 755CD (a
new version may have just been released...check on the FTP/Web site). I have
been getting mixed signals about the necessity for the setup programs. It
appears that at least Windows 95 may override some of the settings (or at
least cause conflicts with the user settings). Win 95 also sometimes seems
to override the enable/disable, but this seems to be an inconsistent action.
In any case, the setup program is handy to see a graphic representation of
all the Thinkpad feature settings.

Thanks
Mike Redmond
-----------------
At 08:58 PM 10/21/96 -0500, Rick Tait wrote:
>OK. In mwaventx.doc, IBM says this...
>
>>o   Before installing Mwave on your ThinkPad, make sure that the DSP is
>>   enabled.
>>
>>    -   On ThinkPad 755 computers:
>>
>>	1.  From the Windows NT Start menu,
>>	    choose Programs -> Thinkpad Setup -> DSP.
>>	2.  Verify that the DSP device is enabled.  If not, click the
>>	    Enable radio button.  Also, make sure the Modem checkbox is
>>	    checked.
>>	3.  Choose the Save button.
>>	4.  Exit Windows NT and restart your computer in order for the
>>	    changes to take effect.
>
>I DO NOT have Thinkpad Setup on my machine! Where the hell do I get it
from??? Do I use the original disks I used to get my Thinkpad Features stuff
for Win95? If not, which files do I need???