Re: Mwave 2.22 drivers

After making a BIG initial mistake, I finally got the 2.22 Mwave working on
my 755CD with Win95. So far, so good. Modem works and connected at 28.8.
Internal synth works, though the WAV files don't seem a lot different. I
haven't tried any games.

What was the mistake?? I wasn't careful on download, and got the mww222-1, 2
and 3.exe files rather than the mw95222a, b, c.exe files. The former are for
Win 3.1 and the latter for Win 95. No particular error messages or
information I gathered from the install screens or readme files when loading
the mww versions. It just didn't load right after the install completed.
After talking a while with IBM help, they finally asked what files I
had...very embarrassing to say I had the wrong ones.

I still can't get my external MIDI port to work, but that has been going on
for months. I am hoping that a clean load of WIN 95 will fix that when I
install one of the 1G Quantum disk drives (thanks to Paul Walukewicz for the
low price lead). I'll let folks know how that goes for the 755CD. I will be
trying the carrier from PS-Solutions.

Thanks
Mike Redmond