win95 on 701cs observations ...

Some musings....

Two months ago I bit the bullet
and installed win95 over the OS/2 pre-install
on my 701cs.  It has been a mixed-blessing.

I've found that battery life is shorter where
on a NiMH I'd get 3:23 on OS/2 versus 2:40 on Win95.

Also suspend doesn't work with Win95 as well
as with OS/2.  It still seems to drain the battery
in Win95 when I go into suspend mode.
I think I read somewhere that this is related
to PCMCIA power not being cut off by Win95 -
can anybody here comment and is there a fix?

-charles

--
"Got to Revolution! Got to Revolution!"  - Kyle Baker