Re: your mail

I went through the exact same thing on my 755cd, the solution was to
remove the device=ibmtpura.vxd  from system.ini.  I still haven't figured
out what it is for other than the description in the vxd file saying
Miscellaneous thinkpad vxd driver.  I haven't seen anything not working
because of removing it.