Re: Using 701c as (not _with_!) an external modem

I wrote:
> >Every so often it would be useful to use my 701c as an external modem -

Bill Bryan replied:

>         Fore give me but what you ask is just down right silly.  What you
> suggest is workable but why.  You would be better off buying your other
> computer a cheap modem(like an old 14.4 from a garage sale) and with the
> time and money saved, take in a half dozen movies...

Not forgiven; if you don't know 'why' then you shouldn't call me "silly".
Among other things, I want to be able to intercept packets, which I
can't do with a regular modem.

Out of curiosity, how would buying another modem save me money (over the
TP, which I already have)?

- David (ross@math.hawaii.edu)