From: Will Dunn / Leopard Communications
To: thinkpad
Subject: Anatomy of a 365XD--HELP!
Date: Wednesday, August 14, 1996 5:18PM

Hello all--

I have temporary custody of a 365XD and am trying to upgrade the RAM.
Documentation points out that the this is under the keyboard--to my surprise
there is a plastic sheeting that is glued to the innards of the ThinkPad.
The documentation makes a vague reference to this but pretty much ignores
it.  The plastic is adhered to a number of thin, metal parts which I have
done a neat job of bending, folding, *tearing* and I am afraid to continue
because I don't want to cause any physical damage to the machine.

This plastic seems like insulation.  I imagine that since my 755CX (P75)
runs hot, this P100 probably generates some heat as well.

Anyone seen this configuration, or have any insight?  Any help appreciated.

TIA.

 --wwd
Will Dunn
Leopard Communications