TP 701 CS internal modem in Europe

Hello,

Does anyone here have any experience in using the 701's internal
modem in Europe ? I am having problems sending faxes to a ThinkPad
in Turkey  from the United States, although there are no problems
whatsoever in receiving faxes from the same machine. While trying
to send, the initial phase of the handshaking looks fine (I get the
ID of the machine in Turkey), but later the connection is dropped
with a message like "no response from the remote machine"
(remote == Turkey).

Thanks in advance,
Arifi

--