Re: Thinkpad 701C

On Fri, 9 Aug 96 15:27 EDT, you wrote:

"The ThinkPad 701C/701CS is a sub-notebook; I emphasize the word "sub".
"As such, I believe it is well designed and fulfills that role well.
"It is light (4.5lb) and small (1.6x9.7x7.8in) and of course has the
"expanding keyboard.  Why IBM chose to phase it out baffles me.
[snip]
	Well, technology moved a *little* too fast.  With the bigger screens of
today, and (as Dean Cashen noted on CSL) even better ones on the horizon, the
need for an expanding keyboard was no longer a priority.  I personally prefer
the smaller 701 screen, but I recently spoke with someone upgrading to a 560
who touted the joys of seeing 2 windows at once without virtual screens or
other "hacks."  Still, seing that keyboard open is a nice site, hmm?
	epbrown
epbrown@enteract.com
http://www.enteract.com/~epbrown
FS:IBM Thinkpad 701C 486DX2-50MHz 4MB/360MB
$1200 *FIRM* Original Box, Accessories available