Mail queuing using Linux?

   Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 13:30:04 -0600
   From: Steve Hultquist <ssh@wwsi.com>

   For those of you using Linux, how do you configure your sendmail to handle
   the times when you're not Internet connected (ie., queue the mail)? Any
   insight appreciated as I get closer and closer to moving my CX to Linux!

I use smail rather than sendmail (but I think sendmail works the same
way).  I have my configuration set up to forward all mail to a mail
relay.  When I'm off-line, the mail is automatically queued on the
ThinkPad for later delivery, and will remain in the queue for several
days.  When I next connect, it will figure this out after a short
while (about 15-30 mins) and send all the queued mail.  If I want it
to send the mail immediately after I'm connected, I run the program
"runq".