Re: Power adapter for europe (was: TP in Poland)

>To me that is a small but notable advantage of the IBM power supply. By
>comparison the Tecra power cord is completely non-standard, so the only
>possibility is to use an adapter plug.

Yikes - I travel regularly between the Continent and England, which have
different plugs, and irregularly between Japan and the US - which have
the same plug, although in Japan grounds and the wide US flange for
polarization are rather rare.

I depend on the ability to go my main four countries, and take the cord
from any appliance that isn't used and plug into the Thinkpad supply...

I cannot believe that Toushiba didn't do this.

Another question, though:  Why don't laptops in general use one (of
the many!) standard connectors for power?  Even if they draw too much
power to run off them, they might manage to split load with the battery -
run for more like 10 hours, and recharge in 4, for example.  In fact,
I'd buy as an accessory a 1/4 weight IBM power supply if one was offered
with this kind of partial-power feature (except that as of next friday
I am ditching the 760CD - worthless fossil that it is...)

Frank