Re: Power adapter for europe (was: TP in Poland)

> Yes, indeed, it is universal, and you can get versions of it in every
> country I ever visisted. Of course you can also use a plug adapter, but
> if you are going to use your machine extensively, it is definitely better
> to go to a local computer store and pick up a proper cable, since that way
> there is less fiddling and a more secure connection.
>
> To me that is a small but notable advantage of the IBM power supply. By
> comparison the Tecra power cord is completely non-standard, so the only
> possibility is to use an adapter plug.

to me, despite the great attractions of the tecras these days, that is a BIG
minus.  you do any international travelling at all and soon or later you will
find yourself without an appropriate adapter.  why should stores in france,
germany, sweden, bulgaria, keyna, for example, carry adapter plugs for u.s.
plugs when no one uses them there?  and try to find a dealer open on a weekend.