Re: Mouse Drift

> > One problem I can't figure out is "Mouse drift." Has this happened to
> > anyone else? On my low-end tp701 (340 8mb Win3.1) the mouse will
> > sometimes slowly drift across the screen at infinitessimal speeds, even
> Mouse drift happens because the Trackpoint is a piezo-electric device.
> Problem with this is that the peizo-electric thingee tends to deform due
> to environmental conditions causing mouse drift.
> Hang around and wait for it, it'll eventually detect the mouse drift and
> recalibrate
	Actually the reason for the mouse drifting is the
auto-calibration functions.
	As with all joystick-like equipment, the trackpoint needs to
calibrate, the only way is to use the position the trackpoint is in (for
the last 10-30sec) as the centre. So if U contiunously hold the pointer
down for too long, it would assume that is the resting position. As a
result, when U release, the notebook thinks U are moving UP :)
	A little confusing.. but just let the pointer go for awhile and
the recalibration will set it all right...

Elvin

--

| elvintan@dupre.lugs.org.sg   Finger alf@pacific.net.sg for PGP Public key |
| Public Key fingerprint - 2C F5 0A A6 61 A9 3C 1B  DE E4 48 2F F8 34 37 B0 |