Re: Can I use ThinkPad as a phone?

	Yes, the faxworks software is on the ibm ftp site.  In the pub/pccbbs/mobiles
directory you'll find two files: fwv701-1.exe and fwv701-2.exe.  But these are
only 16-bit.  I recently found a Windows 95 version on site but it's acting
somewhat strange (can't record new messages properly, for one).  I'll fiddle
with it and, if it works, give out the location;  or email me if you'd like a
crack at it or have some ideas.
	epbrown
hhchou@cs.umd.edu (H.H. Chou) wrote:

  >HI, thanks to you all for answering my question. My ThinkPad is a
  >701C. According to you guys, it should work as a phone. But my problem
  >now is that I have repartitioned my ThinkPad HD and upgraded to
  >Win95. During this process I have lost the Faxworks software, which
  >doesn't seem to be on any of the diskettes built from running Diskette
  >Factory prior to my repartitioning. Does anybody know where I can get
  >back this program again?  Is it on IBM's ftp site?
  >
  >Thanks again for your kind help.
  >
  >hh
  >
  >  Bob> hhchou@cs.umd.edu (H.H. Chou) writes:
  >
  >  >> HI, I have the problem that I only have one phone plug besides my
  >  >> desk. Whenever I want to talk, I plug it in the phone, but when I
  >  >> want to use internet, I plug it in my ThinkPad.
  >  >>
  >  >> I understand that my ThinkPad has a microphone and a
  >  >> speaker. Therefore, I wonder if it is possible to use my ThinkPad
  >

  >  Bob> Don't know what model of Thinkpad you have.  The 701 comes with
  >  Bob> software which does this, acting both as a speakerphone and as
  >  Bob> an answering machine.  -- Bob Shair Open Systems Consultant
  >  Bob> 1018 W. Springfield Avenue rmshair@uiuc.edu Champaign, IL 61821
  >  Bob> 217/356-2684 < Not employed by or representing the University
  >  Bob> of Illinois >

epbrown@enteract.com
Laptop Central:  www.enteract.com/~epbrown
for information about laptops.