Re: Modem for 560

At 09:56 PM 7/26/96 -0700, Annelise Anderson wrote:
>Just discovered the 560 doesn't come with a modem....

Pretty silly these days, isn't it?

>I guess a PCMCIA card is the only choice (I don't want an external
>modem, but one for travelling).
>
>This subject has probably come up many times....the archives for
>this list only go through February, so my apologies.  But I'd love
>a couple of recommendations probably for a fax/modem 28.8 card
>and a few hints on software I might have to download to use it.

I like the megahertz xjack modem, no dongle to worry about (though there are
other modems with the same popout jack thing).

What drivers you'll need depend on your OS.  In win95 you shouldn't need
anything special.
jesse montrose <jesse@spine.com> http://www.spine.com
     After seven years, I was sent home to my family.
                 Little man, I give the watch to you.