Re: my thinkpad beefs

At 10:51 AM 7/19/96, Robert Dewar wrote:

>P.S. if you advise novices not to buy from retail places and not to buy
>from mail-order places, where on earth *do* you advise them to buy. Seems
>to me a lot of products are only available in one of these two kinds of
>places!

Oh, I always have them bring me along. Gives me a chance to play with all
the new toys. As for NYC stores, J&R reps seem to be knowledgable somewhat,
and they do let you play with the machines. But their return policy is
unacceptable to me (10 days and only store credit, or 15% restocking fee).

nil@akula.com - stan@syberia.com - http://www.syberia.com/stan/netcrate/