Re: How tough?

I have a 701 and was resting it on one of those "slide out" work
surfaces some desks have above the drawers and bumped the surface from
the bottom with my knee. The 701 was running at the time and went a
couple of inches up and then back down to the surface (wood).

It kept running, but soon after it made the sort of noise diskette
drives make when they can't read a diskette - but this was the hard
disk. After this episode, the machine refused to boot from the hard disk
so I went to the boot floppies and reformatted the hard drive. It took
it a long time to format and I have like 10M fewer disk space now...but
no problem in months.

						-Ken