Re: subscription request

>>>>> "tp-req" == thinkpad-request  <thinkpad-request@cs.utk.edu> writes:

>>>> IMPORTANT <<<

tp-req> To send something to the list, mail it to THINKPAD@CS.UTK.EDU

tp-req> To subscribe to the list, unsubscribe from the list, or to
tp-req> change your address, send mail to THINKPAD-REQUEST@CS.UTK.EDU.
tp-req> (If you sent your subscribe message to the whole list, that's
tp-req> okay, but please use the -REQUEST address next time!)

tp-req> Please introduce yourself!  Tell us what kind of machine you
tp-req> have, how it's configured (how much memory/disk, what
tp-req> accessories, etc.), and what operating system(s) you are
tp-req> using.  (send this to the LIST address -- don't just reply to
tp-req> this message!)

Hi there,

I am owner of an IBM Thinkpad 755 c with the following equipment:

HARWDWARE:

Thinkpad 755C
340 MB HD
1,44 MB FD
10 " 640x480x256 TFT Display
20 MB RAM
IBM Dock 1

SOFTWARE:

Slackware 3.0
AccelratedX 1.3 from Xinside (works out of the box)

PCMCIA:

3C589B 3com etherlink 3
Worldport dual standard USR modem
Nokia cellular datacard for mobilphones
Adaptec slimscsi AHA1640

since  yesterday I am  using that system in  combination  of win95 and Linux
Slackware 3.0.  I have used a combination  of scsinet1  boot and pcmcia root
floppies using NFS as installation media.

The installation was very simple, but after installing the  system I need to
put the start of the pcmcia card services in /etc/rc.d/rc.M before the start
of the cdrom check. After  starting the card services there  must be a delay
of 5  to 10 seconds.  That means  that I add a sleep  10 statement after the
pcmcia start command.

Now the cdrom and  the 3c589b  works fine for   me.  The modem ist  untested
yet. But the  default Linux 1.2.13 kernel  comes up with some floppy related
problems. I am not  able to read via tar  files form  /dev/fd0. But a  later
version aof the kernel may fix this problem.

During the next days  I am trying to  implement  PPP via modem and  cellular
phone to the laptop. The in house lan connection is fast and stable.

Now I am urgently looking for a solution for the following problems:

1.) The floppy did not work anymore (ugly).
2.) A source hack for the sound card.
3.) A source hack for the SCSI controller included in dock 1

I would prefer source hacks for stable kernel version  i.e. 1.2.13 or 2.0 if
possible. If not, well I should ba able to patch the  source tree by hand if
I have hot an example patch.

Who is able to help me ?

--
   Freundliche Gr|_e,
   Best regards,

   Michael H|hne

 =    ____                          = Lt. technische Vertriebsunterst|tzung
 =   /      /   /   ___    ___  _/_ = Email: Michael.Huehne@Germany.EU.net
 =  /----  /   /  /   /  /___/  /   = EUnet Deutschland GmbH
 = /____  /___/  /   /  /___   /    = Emil-Figge-Str. 80
 ===                              === D-44227 Dortmund Germany
 === Connecting Europe since 1982 === Tel.: +49/231/972-1071 Fax.: -1122

 #include <disclaimer.h>