Re: Is there an equal for the 760ED?

"I read the reviews of the Toshiba 720CDT in both PC Magazine and PC
Week and did not come away with a full stomach."

I have looked at the 720CDT and it looks very good to me, I will let people
know more when I get mine, supposedly early next week. Remember that one of
the reasons that PC Week did not like it was that text and icons are too
small. Well I suppose there may be brain-dead systems where this is a problem
(i.e. sizes cannot be adjusted), but I don't use any, so this is not a problem
and on the contrary the extra resolution will be most welcome (finally
two pages side by side!)

Also people did not like the weight, but I always carry several extra
batteries anyway, so this is not a factor. I also like the keyboard much
better than the thinkpad 760 CD (the old thinkpad keyboards were much
nicer, the new tilt up ones seem poor to me, but this is a very personal
thing, you have to test it yourself).

Basically, when it comes to portables, I would always trust your OWN
feeling rather than that of a review, try them out and see what you think.
It is true that the disk performance is slightly better on the 760ED, which
is a factor with OS/2 with its small disk cache.