TP701C Forgets Hard Disk on Warm Boot

I'm having two odd problems with a TP701C (BIOS 3O; diag 1G). First, on
all CtrlAltDel warm boots, the machine seems to forget it has a hard disk
and gives a "162 Configuration Error." The error screen allows me to type
enter (configuration utility)  or esc (continue booting).

Enter brings up the configuration utility screen. When I page forward, the
hard disk is erroneously shown as "not installed." Or, instead of enter,
if I type esc (to continue booting) from the error, I get a "insert floppy
disk screen."  If I then do another CtrlAltDel, the system boots up and
works fine -- as long as I don't do a CtrlAltDel. Any ideas what to do?

THe other problem is equally strange: Fn+F1 will not bring up the
configuration utility. However, Fn plus any other function key works
properly, and F1 works properly for any other uses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Steve Diamond