Original files for 701c

I recently bought a 701c at a computer outlet store.  It was sold as is
with floppy drive, battery, ac adapter.   However the harddisk had been
erased.  So I loaded win95 with the disks that came with my desktop machine.

The thinkpad is running well except I don't have the original files the
computer probably came with.  What am I missing, where can I get them and
the manuals for the 701?  Will IBM sell this direct?  Do I even need them?

I think I got a really good deal at 1249.99
16meg ram
720 hard drive
75 mhz

Thanks