Re: non-CDROM dictionaries

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996 01:00:02 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Hsu wrote:

>My ThinkPad 701C does not have a CDROM, but it does have plenty
>of disk space.  Is there a good English dictionary I can buy
>(preferably with pronounciations of all the words) which can
>be installed onto the hard drive

The American Heritage Dictionary can be installed to HD. Version 4 Deluxe for Windows came
on both HD and CD-ROM; the CR-ROM has voice synthesis pronunciation, the disk version has
the standard phonetic guide (about 20M). The Deluxe version has some 130,000 words. It's
marketed by Softkey and I've seen is for as low as $20. There's an OS/2 version available,
also
/* Rob Saker - resaker@teleport.com  */
/* Warped at home; Connected at work */
/* Win95?? I already have a Nintendo */