Re: lithium battery for the 701?

At 2:59 AM 5/28/96, Sam King wrote:
>> >Just wondering if the 701 has a lithium ion battery option. I'm aware

>> Lithium requires a different charging cycle which is not likely built-in

>Well, if i'm not wrong, IBM uses some technology called Smart batteries.
>such batteries contain the charging unit inside the battery. that would
>explain the 4 terminals on the battery, 2 for the current supplied by the
>battery, and 2 for the power supply to the internal charger.

        That would be a very clever way around the problem, if it is indeed
a reality and it works.

-----
Randy Whittle           whittle@usc.edu         http://www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle
USC Graduate School of Business

        Women often ask, "What do men really want, deep in their souls?"
The best answer--based on in-depth analysis of the complex and subtle
interplay of thought, instinct, and emotion that constitutes the male psyche
--is that deep in their souls, men want to watch stuff go 'bang'.
                - Dave Barry, October 2, 1994