Infrared Jet Eye

I purchased a jet eye for my desktop (Win 3.1) and I am having no luck getting
any files transferred. I copied the Tranxit program off the laptop to the
desktop
and I cannot get the The New Window icon to light up. I tried hooking com port
to com port with Tranxit and still no luck. So the I tried DOS Interlnk
which I have
used on a previous thinkpad and still no luck. Has anyone got this working? I
have posted to a couple of mailing lists and all I get is people telling me
that
they can't get their's working either. Any little bit of info is
appreciated.Thanks

                                           Donnie Hagan