XFree86 3.1.2D under Linux anyone?

I've been happily using XFree86 3.1.2B on my 760C for about a month
now.  However, I just realized this beta version of the X server
(XF86_SVGA) expires at the end of the month.  The current beta version
is now 3.1.2D (they seemed to skip C).

The trouble is that I can't seem to get 3.1.2D to work, at least with
the XF86Config I was using with 3.1.2B.

A colleague of mine has had similar problems with 3.1.2D under Solaris
x86.

Has anyone had luck with 3.1.2D?  I really hope I can still run X after
the end of the month!

                                Lee Hetherington
                                ilh@lcs.mit.edu